If you use EarthChem in the classroom, please send a brief description of your exercises or activities to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in this page.
Please take the Survey for the Educational use of EarthChem Data Collections!
|Short Course Tutorial - Using Online Geochemical Databases for Research and Teaching
(1) Short Course Exercises
(2) Lesser Antilles Data Sheet
(3) MAR Data
|MARGINS Izu-Bonin-Mariana Workshop: Online database resources for research and teaching||[pdf]|
|MARGINS Education Workshop (2008): Bringing Source-to-Sink Discoveries to the Classroom with SedDB||[pdf]|
|Hands-On Exercises - MARGINS Interdisciplinary Workshop (2007)||[pdf]|
|SERC - Geoscience Education in the new Cyberinfrastructure||[link]|
|AGU 2007 Education and Human Resources Session: Science Education Partnerships||[abstract]|
|MARGINS Education Workshop: A MARGINS Mini-Lesson||[pdf]|
|GSA 2006 A digital resource collection supporting the use of EarthChem databases in geoscience courses||[abstract]|
A list of shortcourses held.
- Using Geoinformatics Resources to Explore the Generation of Convergent Margins Magma (2011 GSA)
- GSA Workshop: Using Online Databases for Research and Teaching (10/2008)
- E-Research Australasia, Melbourne, Australia (10/2008)
- Goldschmidt Conference, Vancouver BC (7/2008)
- Washington State University (3/2008)
- MARGINS Interdisciplinary Mini-Workshop (12/2007)
- Geological Society of America Annual Meeting (10/2007)
- GSA Workshop: Using Online Databases for Research and Teaching (10/2006)
EarthChem grants summer internship opportunities to qualified students. Students interested in working with EarthChem for course credit are encouraged to email us at email@example.com.