EarthChem Community Workshop 2012
EarthChem will conduct a 1-day community workshop at the Goldschmidt Conference 2012. The goal of this workshop is to raise awareness of new resources for the discovery, access, publication, citation, and management of geochemical and geochronological data and samples, and to engage the community in planning and designing new capabilities.
When: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 8:30am to 5pm
Where: Palais des Congrès de Montréal, 1001 Place Jean-Pau, Montreal, QC H2Z 1H, Canada
The workshop will include lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises of EarthChem data systems and tools, and a set of mini-workshops focused on specific data types (e.g., soil geochemistry, experimental petrology, geochronology, kinetics) and new EarthChem tools (data submission; linking data and publications; data management plans/data compliance reporting).
Participants are eligible to a stipend of $500 to be used toward travel and hotel costs.
Registration is closed. You may participate virtually using the webinar information below.
For question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participate Virtually through the Webinar
Title: "EarthChem Workshop at Goldschmidt 2012"
Date: Sunday, June 24, 2012
Time: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM EDT
The webinar is now closed.
- 08:30h Welcome and Introduction
- 08:45h Overview of EarthChem Systems & Services
- 09:00h Demonstrations & Exercises
- Publish your data: The EarthChem Library & Tools for Data Compliance (Hsu, Ferrini; 45 min)
- Discover & access data: EarthChem Data Collections (Lehnert & Walker; 45 minutes)
- Visualize & integrate data: GeoMapApp (Ferrini; 30 minutes)
- Manage your samples: System for Earth Sample Registration SESAR (Lehnert, Hsu; 30 minutes)
- Linking Data & Samples to the Literature (Katherine Eve, Elsevier; 30 minutes)
- 12:30h Lunch
- 13:00h EarthCube (NSF presentation & discussion)
- 13:30h Introduction to mini-workshops
- 14:15h Mini-workshops
- EarthChem investigator services (Kerstin Lehnert)
- Geochron Usability (Doug Walker)
- Data Needs for Experimental Petrology (Julia Hammer)
- EarthKin: Database for Kinetics (Amanda Olsen)
- CZchemDB: Geochemical data of the Critical Zone (Sue Brantley)
- 16:30h Reports from Mini-workshops; next steps, workshop evaluation, wrap-up
- 19:00h Joint dinner